We commit to provide you with a safe environment that complies with guidelines issued by the Government and our local authority.
Our fitness areas
- We have undertaken a thorough review of our Fitness Centre and the classes we offer
- All surfaces throughout the Fitness Centre will be cleaned regularly and wiped with the appropriate cleaning products with increased cleaning times between classes
- All items of equipment will be cleaned before and after every class. This includes all grips, handles and bars
- A new cleaning rota is in place to ensure all fitness equipment in the gymnasium and studio is cleaned regularly. This incorporates everywhere a user touches including pins, handles, grips and all cardio and resistance machines
- We have introduced 4 new sanitizing stations to ensure all users have the products to clean their equipment and themselves
- We have a one-way system in place to ensure social distance.
Guest arrival and reception
- We will greet you warmly but without a handshake or personal contact.
- We will ask you to read our Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) before you start your training.
- We will be around for any advice or help on the training equipment within the gym. We are also here to assist with any health questions you may have.
- After your training session or class, we will be around to book your next 1-hour slot in the Gym or Leisure pool.
- We have rearranged our retail of lululemon, Speedo and food/drink supplements to ensure a stress-free shopping environment.
- We ask that you pay using card or other cashless means where possible and/or charge to your room.
- We have reviewed our class timetable and reduced all indoor class numbers to ensure a safe distance is applied.
- We have adapted our classes so they can be taken outdoors. We have also introduced new outdoor classes to encourage maximum safe participation whilst utilizing the amazing St Andrews beach.
- To adhere to the 2-meter rule, our Cardio machines, Resistance equipment and Free Weights are spread out or switched off. We have placed training area markers on the floor to help users stay apart safely.
- We have reduced the number of users that can use the gymnasium on an hourly basis. A new booking schedule is in place for the Leisure Swimming Pool, Studio and Gym.
We ask you, our guests…
- To arrive at the time agreed, to maximise social distancing.
- To wash your hands and/or use hand sanitiser as directed by our team and before and after each class or training session.
- To wear face masks when entering and leaving the Fitness Centre. (Not required in a class or whilst training)
- To wipe down all equipment used with our spray cleaning bottles and towels.
- To adhere to the one-way system.
- To contact us and re-arrange your class/training session booking, if you have a temperature or are feeling unwell or if any person in your household has the same and is self-isolating.
- We have conducted internal training to ensure all team members care for our guests in a safe, hygienic and professional manner.
- As well as guests, our staff are one of our key priorities to keep safe and healthy. We have agreed social distancing for them in communal staff areas and are working with best practices to keep our staff protected and well.
- Our Personal Trainers will wear PPE when conducting 1-2-1 PT lessons.
- We have placed a protective barrier at the Leisure reception to keep our guest and receptionist safely apart.
Do not come to the Fitness Centre if you or anyone you live with is self-isolating or displaying symptoms known to be consistent with COVID-19. We are happy to discuss any of your individual concerns, please feel free to speak with a member of staff.