At Old Course Hotel
- Once you have made your booking you may wish to complete our Guest Preference Form to help us make your stay with us as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible.
- Check-in begins at 3pm. Of course, you are welcome to join us earlier and we’ll be happy to store your luggage until your room is ready.
- On the day of departure, we would be grateful if you could vacate your room by 12 noon.
- Full pre-payment or a credit card number is required to guarantee your reservation. Payment can be made by American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Diners Card. Cancellations are subject to a charge.
- We welcome children to the resort. Children 2 and under are free of charge. Children 3-16 are £45 per child per night if sharing a Suite with their parents, with a maximum of two children per room, and any additional child in their room is charged as an adult.
Golf, Spa and Dining
Our team of Golf Stewards can give you all the advise you need on arranging your perfect day’s golf, including booking tee times on The Duke's and guidance in the traditional Old Course ballot.
Membership of Kohler Waters Spa is complimentary to hotel residents including use of the thermal suite featuring hydrotherapy pool, plunge pool, Japanese steam room and light therapy sauna, fitness studio, exercise studio, crystal steam rooms and rooftop hot tub. Guests must be 16 years or over to use the spa facilities.
From fine dining in the Road Hole Restaurant (3 AA rosettes), the chic informality of Sands Grill to Scottish food at its best at The Duke’s Clubhouse and home-style cooking and Celtic beers in The Jigger Inn, a diverse choice of dining experiences is available to you. If you would like to arrange private dining facilities to entertain friends and colleagues or celebrate a family occasion, we will be delighted to suggest the perfect venue for you within the hotel and discuss any special food and wine requirements.
We suggest making your reservations for golf, spa and dining prior to arrival to avoid disappointment.
The atmosphere within the resort is relaxed and casual and so is our dress code. You may wish to dress for dinner or not, that’s completely up to you. Soft spikes may be worn in the hotel but are not permitted in The Duke’s Clubhouse or The Jigger Inn.
Children at the Resort
Children are very welcome at the resort and the Old Course Hotel offers a magical “Luxury Kids” welcome programme with personalised services for babies, toddlers, kids and teens to ensure the ultimate family experience.
Just leave it up to the hotel to provide all the essentials to ensure the utmost comfort, as well as offer a diverse range of experiences for children.
Most importantly mum and dad can enjoy some much deserved “us” time.
View Luxury Kids
- We recycle 43% of all our waste and are committed to continuing to increase this number with an aim of sending zero waste to landfill.
- With the implementation of Kohler plumbing throughout the Resort, we have enhanced water management through the use of low-flow fixtures which has in turn reduced water consumption by 23%.
- The Duke’s Golf Course fairways are irrigated by harvesting rain water via a float switch system and supplemented with a bore hole top up system.
- The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa received a bronze award from The Green Tourism Business Scheme in 2012 and our aim is to achieve the gold status.